To New York and Beyond.

The Mother; Snowy View; Saxophones

To New York and Beyond.

January 2014.

    So, the time came to travel to America. Thankfully, the mother agreed to accompany me over the pond. She had never been to America before so we decided to explore New York City before venturing up to Rochester later on in the trip.
    The main stress for me with travelling was getting my saxophones over safely. After tying down all of the keys on each instrument and slapping fragile tape all over them, they were good to go.
    Making sure to limit the amount of clothing I was taking, the arduous task of packing my suitcase began. Evidently, taking my whole wardrobe would be an issue, but, moving to America during the worst winter ever meant the 23kg luggage allowance was definitely going to be a problem.
    We arrived at Birmingham Airport at ridiculous o'clock in the morning, ate, warily checked in our luggage and boarded the airplane which would be the start of the craziest adventure of my life so far.
    Suitcase (Packed). Saxophone (Ready). Airplane (Boarded).

0 comments:

Post a Comment