Summer Classes.

   

Advice - Summer Classes.

    Summer classes are hard. Forget that niggling thought in the back of your head that tells you they won't be. It is 15 weeks of work crammed into 5 weeks of classes. Do the math. Everything you're doing is horrendously fast-paced.
    This summer I am taking an advanced English composition class in which I have to turn in a minimum of two fully planned and thought-out essays daily and complete various reading assignments, your knowledge of which being tested within class time. I am also taking an intermediate level Math class. American Math is much harder than British Math. They start complex topics at a much younger age and expect all students to continue their Mathematics education throughout all schooling. I haven't done Math for over 4 years. Admittedly, the Math course I am currently taking isn't the hardest course out there but to complete the subject in a third of the normal allotted time is tough.
    I have classes in the morning and the evening which leaves a substantial amount of time in between the two to write, study or read whatever task I have to complete for the following day, as well as time to make sure I have some form of life outside of classes.
     Having said this, summer classes are an easy way to complete a portion of the prerequisites necessary. It is impossible, and I can't stress this enough, to complete and obtain a decent grade in an associate's degree in two years without summer classes. I don't care what advisors or admissions personnel say, it is NOT possible without summer classes. For anyone looking into college in America, plan to take summer classes. Don't think you can go without, you can't. Simple as. Take the basics in summer, like your composition classes or your non-credit classes then focus on completing the more challenging topics during the lengthier semesters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment